Alluxio is seeking a Solutions Engineer to join the Enterprise Field Sales Team representing Alluxio products and services. In this role in addition to enabling sales opportunities for Alluxio you will be playing the role of hands-on technologist. Your will be on partnering with organizations to help them understand how Alluxio can be applied to their big data business challenges. You will partner closely with Enterprise Sales Managers to drive the sales process from pipeline generation and qualification all the way through the growth and expansion of the account.
Successful candidates are looking for a dynamic environment with a company that is defining, expanding, and innovating in a new solution area. Alluxio provides a great opportunity to participate and help scale out a world class sales organization that is driving real value for large enterprises.
- Advise customers on data architecture, and strategies for making best use of Alluxio.
- Partner with our sales team to help ensure deal success.
- Understanding how to add value and drive the sales process.
- Discover and solve customer specific technical considerations as part of their evaluation.
- Lead proof of concept implementations from concept through execution
- Translate technical concepts into business benefits for management and executives
- Transform customer feedback into actionable product roadmap items
- Continuously learn and update your skills in quickly evolving technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical sales role
- Experience working in a startup style environment
- Unix/Linux/Networking/Storage expertise required
- Hands-on of distributed systems Hadoop, Spark
- Hands-on Knowledge of cloud computing and orchestration environments such as Kubernetes
Experience with any of the following
- Programming in Java/Go/Python
- Background in Data Pipelining and Data Analytics
- Concurrency and synchronization
- High availability and business continuity
- Streaming experience (Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Solr, etc.)
- Cloud deployment of Big-data solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.