Alluxio is the developer of open source data orchestration software for the cloud. Alluxio moves data closer to big data and machine learning compute frameworks in any cloud across clusters, regions, clouds and countries, providing memory-speed data access to files and objects. Intelligent data tiering and data management deliver consistent high performance to customers in financial services, high tech, retail and telecommunications. The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has received numerous accolades including recently being named: One of the 20 Coolest Cloud Software Companies of 2021. We are in a high growth mode with a lot of opportunities, looking for driven, enthusiastic and creative people to join our team!
Job Summary: Drive overall Marketing Strategy and execution to ensure the continued acceleration of Alluxio’s sales.
This is a remote position given the current COVID-19 guidelines in California. The company encourages all employees to stay safe and work from home until further notice.
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan that includes integrated demand generation programs, community marketing programs, awareness/PR, and lead generation campaigns from development/architecture to execution.
- Provide marketing, sales and executive leadership with analysis for marketing investments, pipeline impact, and goal setting.
- Take responsibility and accountability for a major revenue-tied metric like pipeline generated, contribution to pipeline or sales qualified leads.
- Provide reporting and actively monitor and analyze the health of marketing contribution to the sales pipeline, program ROI, customer acquisition and penetration, contact acquisition and activity.
- Drive strong sales and marketing alignment with initiatives and processes that support strong lead management, improved lead quality, enhanced data quality and tools and templates.
- Manage day-to-day lead operations: ensure quality lead flow, optimize lead follow-up, and data quality for reporting.
- Drive marketing automation expertise across the business, with emphasis on lead nurturing, lead scoring, sales enablement, lead management, and driving funnel stage improvements (MQL, SQL, Opportunities).
- Drive marketing database strategy, including analyzing gaps in data, contact acquisition strategy, practices that ensure data quality and measuring database health.
- Work directly with sales team and community team on marketing-driven outbound activities and coordinate follow up or sequencing for joint campaigns
- 2+ years of marketing experience at an open source based enterprise software company
- 2+ years of startup experience
- 10+ years of Marketing experience with emphasis on demand generation.
- Comfortable being very hands on with daily operations as well as working with the executive team at the strategy level
- Understand the needs and considerations of growing an open source community
- Bonus: background in product marketing, early startup experience (first 3 employees in marketing), familiarity with developer advocacy or community management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.