As a Senior Software Architect at Alluxio you will be responsible for loading and evolving the state-of-the-art Alluxio project. The work would involve solving challenging problems in the area of Distributed Data Services, memory and data structure efficiency, thread concurrency, locking optimizations, caching policies and implementation. The role would include developing innovative solutions for scaling systems to thousands of nodes and providing data durability and high availability. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who has the ability to come up with creative solutions and lead team members to take them from concept to completion. You would own the product architecture and set the technical direction working long with the product management.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Experience working with two or more from the following is a must: distributed and parallel systems, distributed storage systems, architecting large scale software systems, and/or security software development.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or equivalent practical experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience contributing to and/or maintaining an open source project.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- Contributed or contributing to Alluxio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.