Are you interested in joining a group of highly talented engineers working on the world’s first data orchestration software for the cloud? Alluxio’s team consists of leaders, innovators, explorers, and risk-takers with extensive industry experience from top tech companies including Google, Palantir, Microsoft, and VMWare and alumni from top computer science programs including CMU, Stanford, CalTech, and UC Berkeley. The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has received numerous accolades including recently being named: One of the 20 Coolest Cloud Software Companies of 2021. Alluxio is also named one of the most critical Open Source projects in Java in 2020. We are in a high growth mode with a lot of opportunities, looking for driven, enthusiastic, and creative people to join our team!
This is a remote position given the current COVID-19 guidelines in California. The company encourages all employees to stay safe and work from home until further notice.
As an open-source engineer at Alluxio, you will be responsible for evolving the state-of-the-art Alluxio open-source project with our community developers. The work would involve working closely on the open-source code base, engaging with community users, and solving challenging problems with innovative solutions, like scaling Alluxio systems to thousands of node, optimizing Alluxio for highly concurrent, high-throughput model training jobs with smart locking scheme, improving memory efficiency with compact data structure and etc.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C, C++, or Go.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience working with two or more from the following is a must: distributed and parallel systems, distributed storage systems, architecting large-scale software systems, and/or security software development.
- Experience contributing to and/or maintaining an open-source project.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.