Are you interested in joining a group of highly talented engineers working on a open source project that is solving challenging problems across big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence? As customers continuously push the envelope for ways to extract value from data, Alluxio is driving innovation in data access and management for large scale distributed systems. Alluxio (a.k.a Tachyon Nexus) a project from AMPLab
like Apache Spark and Mesos is charging full steam to help customers navigate the digital transformation. . The Alluxio team includes leaders, innovators, explorers, and risk-takers with extensive industry experience from top tech companies including Google, Palantir and VMWare and alumni from top computer science programs including CMU, Stanford and UC Berkeley. The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has been named as top 10 hot startups for 2018
As a Customer Operations Engineer you will be working with customers and help lead the effort to make them successful in deploying and resolving critical issues. In this role you will be helping setup processes and guidelines on the customer support engagement and escalation workflow. You will be part of the Engineering team and will get the opportunity to contribute to Alluxio open source. These could be in form of defect fixes and features that are being requested by Alluxio customers and open source users. You will also be relied upon to get better understanding of how Alluxio customers and users are using the product and improvements they would like to see.
These would be the typically responsibilities that you will be undertaking on daily basis:
- Working with customers to resolve a wide range of issues with their Alluxio deployments
- Developing guidelines for customer support engagement and workflow, analyzing tools and infrastructure components required to make the workflow efficient
- Working side by side with the core developers, product management and sales sharing the customer experience and suggest improvements
- Developing features and support related enhancements and contributing to the Alluxio Open Source
- Develop training demos and materials to better educate customers about the Alluxio Vision
Required skills and experience
- Hands on experience in diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving customer issues in the space of Big-Data and Hadoop eco-system
- Commitment to go the extra mile and ensuring the customer issues are solved in timely manner and they are unblocked
- Good understanding of Data Center and Public Cloud infrastructure, common challenges related to storage, networking and compute resources in Linux environment.
- Good handle on Java programming (use jstack, jmap, debug logging extensively) and scripting languages
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, prior customer facing experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.