Are you interested in joining a group of highly talented technologists and business people managing an open source based business that is solving challenging problems across big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence? Alluxio, a project from AMPLab , also the birthplace of Apache Spark, is charging full steam to help customers navigate the digital transformation. The Alluxio team includes leaders, innovators, explorers, and risk-takers with extensive industry experience from top tech companies including Google, Palantir and VMWare and alumni from top computer science programs including CMU, Stanford and UC Berkeley. The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has received numerous accolades including recently being named: One of the 20 Coolest Cloud Software Companies of 2021
We are seeking an energetic, innovative sales “hunter” with a flair for developing new business and identifying and selling to the Global 2000 in China. You’ll take charge of developing sales strategies and execution plans to drive results and earn significant commissions. You will rely on your experience and good judgment to proactively build and grow accounts and drive year-over-year growth in your territory
- 7-10 years of demonstrated successful Enterprise Software Sales in both a land and expand context in the Chinese market.
- Documented successful startup experience is a big plus
- Experience with Big Data Applications and Infrastructure, Storage, Open Source Applications, Enterprise Application Integration, Database, Business Intelligence software concepts and products preferred
- Open Source experience preferred
- Solutions Engineer/SE experience a huge plus
- Familiarity with selling new concepts, challenger sales and value driven sales
- Team player
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background. Engineering degree and background preferred.
- Extensive relationships with VP level and above Data Platform department heads of large enterprises in China
- A proven track record of over-quota achievement/Presidents Club etc
- Structured, disciplined user of Salesforce and sales playbook to enable sales.
- Hunts for and brings in major accounts for land and expand strategic opportunities
- Utilize Alluxio Sales Playbook to rapidly close well qualified customers
- Manages and grows revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company’s strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Focuses on customer’s satisfaction, knows the customer’s business and workflows, develops proper contact network within accounts.
- Works with and brings in experts/specialists where required, has oversight of all account activities.
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.