Welcome to our monthly newsletter. If you are new to this newsletter, we share the latest developments from the Alluxio community, as well as major trends and news in the analytics and AI space. Such as:
- VentureBeat feature – compute-hungry generative AI shows no signs of slowing down, and “Demand for GPUs is like “Game of Thrones””. Read article >>
- Wikibon analyst feature – despite the macro environment, 36% of companies surveyed will be increasing AI spend by double digit percentages, shifting from cloud cost optimization mode into AI workload enablement. Read report >>
Organizations are retooling their enterprise data infrastructure in the race for AI/ML. However, growing datasets, extensive data engineering overhead, high GPU costs, and expensive specialized storage can make it difficult to get fast results from model development.
The data access layer is the key to accelerating your path to AI/ML. In this webinar, Roland Theron, Senior Solutions Engineer at Alluxio, will discuss how the data access layer can help you:
- Build AI architecture on your existing data lake without the need for specialized hardware.
- Streamline the time-consuming process of managing data copies in data engineering.
- Speed up training workloads with high GPU utilization.
- Achieve optimal concurrency to deliver models to inference clusters for demanding applications.
You may think PyTorch performance tuning is a daunting topic. This guide breaks down this complex topic into easily consumable tips with concrete examples. Learn how to reduce end-to-end latency by 5-10x and deliver optimal training speeds at lower costs.
Get a comprehensive understanding of data access patterns in a modern AI/ML platform. This white paper discusses the characteristics of data access in each stage of the machine learning pipeline and the solutions that can be used in architecting your data and AI platform.
Mini Video Series
We have the latest mini video series coming out! Explore Expedia Group’s data landscape, see why data replication was not the right solution, and learn how Expedia Group reduced egress costs by unifying cross-region access in the cloud.
We have new videos releasing every 2 weeks. Subscribe to our channel and stay tuned!
Past events on-demand
On June 28, 2023, we presented Data Caching Strategies for Data Analytics and AI at Data+AI Summit 2023. We are excited to bring you a recap of that presentation through this blog post.
Here’s another recap! At Trino Fest, we presented the upcoming data caching feature for Trino. If you want to learn more about how to tune Trino by helping you identify performance bottlenecks and top tuning tips that you can practice, you may find this article from The New Stack interesting.
By Kevin Petrie | VP of Research, Eckerson Group
Join this webinar with Kevin Petrie, Eckerson Group, and Sridhar Venkatesh, Alluxio, to explore tools, techniques, and best practices to remove data access bottlenecks and accelerate AI/ML model training.
Got a tech question for the Alluxio Community? Chat with us on Slack!
Be our stargazers on GitHub ⭐
If you like our product, please give it a star on GitHub, and share the goodness!
We currently have 30+ opportunities across the globe! Learn more about our job openings in Customer Success, Sales, Product, and Engineering teams. Are you awesome or know of anyone to refer? Check out the full list of opportunities and apply here.