Alluxio is an open source Data orchestration platform that can be deployed on multiple platforms. However, it can require a lot of thinking and experience to integrate Alluxio into an existing Data Architecture adhering to minimally required DevOps principles meeting Organizational standards.
The presentation talks about the best practices to set up and techniques to build a cluster with open source Alluxio on AWS EKS, for one of our clients, which made it Scalable, Reliable, and Secure by adapting to Kubernetes RBAC.
Our speaker Vasista Polali will show you how to :
- Bootstrap EKS cluster in AWS with Terraform.
- Deploy open source Alluxio in a Namespace with persistence in AWS EFS.
- Scale up and down the Alluxio worker nodes as Daemon sets by Scaling the EKS nodes with Terraform.
- Accessing data with S3 mount.
- Controlling the access to Alluxio with Kubernetes port-forwarding, “setfacl” functionality, and Kubernetes service accounts.
- Re-using the data/metadata in the persistence layer on a new cluster.
Vasista Polali is the Founder of boolean UG, a start-up based in Berlin, Germany specializing in implementing Data Engineering and Data Science solutions based on Distributed computing and Cloud computing paradigms.
Bin Fan is the founding engineer and VP of Open Source at Alluxio, Inc. Prior to Alluxio, he worked for Google to build the next-generation storage infrastructure. Bin received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University on the design and implementation of distributed systems.
Questions? Slack with speakers, users, and community members!
Join the Alluxio Global Online Meetup Group to attend more online events.