We are excited to announce the release of Alluxio 2.7.2! This is an edge release for Alluxio open source on top of Alluxio 2.7.1, with a variety of bug fixes, and improvements.
Address log4j vulnerabilities
Alluxio 2.7.2 upgraded log4j to 2.17.0 to address known log4j security vulnerabilities.
Improve Alluxio POSIX Compatibility
Alluxio 2.7.2 emphasizes the POSIX compatibility of Alluxio POSIX API. This release includes a set of POSIX compatibility improvements to support more POSIX workloads.
- Fix Fuse JNI code segment fault error, avoid Fuse crash when running mv linux command (5cf3359)
- Add Fuse shell and support clearing client side metadata cache through Fuse mount point (10e808c) (b892c6)
- Support using NFS sharing Alluxio Fuse mount point (e205ed3)(cf54b82)
- Fuse error out when random write detected (b0f421d)(b0f421d)
- Fuse get file status return correct file size when writing the file through the same Fuse mount point (f49ed5f)
- Add Fuse and client alarm metrics (108cf73)
Reduce wait time when changing leadership
Alluxio 2.7.2 reduces the wait time when changing leadership in high availability mode and thus reduces the potential system downtime. (63853ce)
- Avoid slowness when checking whether ufs is mounted, faster launching metrics web UI page (94389c)
- Add web ui information in Kubernetes environment (a021cffa)
- Display worker block count in worker web ui (93437fa)
- Make UFS Cephfs seekable (6fdbbe5)
- Improve total blocks hashset to be sized (cd19023)
- Add S3 UFS unit tests (f8a138)
- Implement Fuse IO stressbench write throughput test (32f1cd3)
- Fix NPE in object storage get object status (6d62b8a)
- Avoid creating empty object for object storage root (95d69b)
- Fix bytebuf memory leak in worker embedded Fuse application (1dd5df2)
- Correct the timer and meter metrics after clearing them (f28258)
- Upgrade log4j to 2.17.0 (2454088)
We want to thank the community for their valuable contributions to the Alluxio 2.7.2 release. Especially, we would like to thank:
Baolong Mao, Bing Zheng,ccy00808, Kevin Cai, Shiqi Liu,Tao He,Tianbao Ding,xwzbupt, Yantao Xue, Yaolong Liu, Zhoujin
Enjoy the new release and look forward to hearing your feedback on our community slack channel.