Are you interested in joining a group of highly talented engineers working on an open source project that is solving challenging problems across big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence? As customers continuously push the envelope for ways to extract value from data, Alluxio is driving innovation in data access and management for large scale distributed systems. Alluxio, a project from AMPLab like Apache Spark and Mesos, is the first data orchestration platform for the cloud, to enable analytical and AI workloads. and . The Alluxio team includes leaders, innovators, explorers, and risk-takers with extensive industry experience from top tech companies including Google, Palantir, Couchbase and VMWare and alumni from top computer science programs including CMU, Stanford and UC Berkeley.The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has been named as top 10 hot startups for 2018, and top 10 big data startups of 2019
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be interacting with Alluxio’s engineering team on a deep technical level, managing the complete life cycle of the products, and driving product requirements to ensure timely release. This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to impact the success of the company and to grow your career at a fast pace.
- Interacting with Alluxio’s engineering team on a deep technical level
- Driving product requirements and ensure timely release of products and solutions
- Managing the complete life cycle of the products you are responsible for
- Evangelizing Alluxio with external customers, prospects, partners, as well as internal teams including sales, solution engineers and marketing
- This role reports to the Vice President of Product Management and Marketing at Alluxio
- Background and understanding of cloud architecture and fundamentals of how users build and deploy scalable analytical and AI systems in public clouds like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Good understanding of data technologies like Hadoop, Spark or query engines like Presto
- Some understanding of containers and deploying technologies using Kubernetes
- Prior working experience in a Software Development Team
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions
- Enjoy spending time understanding the market and technology shifts in the Data space, understanding customer problems, synthesizing needs and defining innovative products and solutions
- 3+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
- Have meaningful experience designing, building, instrumenting, and supporting distributed systems on at least one major cloud provider, such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Have delivered results with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy and leading product teams in meeting the demands of a rapidly growing business
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.