Are you interested in joining a group of highly talented engineers working on a open source project that is solving challenging problems across big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence? As customers continuously push the envelope for ways to extract value from data, Alluxio is driving innovation in data access and management for large scale distributed systems. Alluxio (a.k.a Tachyon Nexus) a project from AMPLab
like Apache Spark and Mesos is charging full steam to help customers navigate the digital transformation. . The Alluxio team includes leaders, innovators, explorers, and risk-takers with extensive industry experience from top tech companies including Google, Palantir and VMWare and alumni from top computer science programs including CMU, Stanford and UC Berkeley. The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has been named as top 10 hot startups for 2018
As a backend engineer at Alluxio you will be responsible for designing and implementing infrastructure for our state-of-the-art product. This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to impact the success of the company and to grow your career at a fast pace.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Experience working in any of the following areas: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, and/or developing large software systems.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
- Experience designing an implementing RESTful web services.
- Exposure to AWS, Dockers, Jenkins
- Contributed or contributing to Alluxio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.