As a full stack engineer with backend focus at Alluxio, you will be responsible for designing and implementing infrastructure to support the requirements of Alluxio product. You will be developing and automating infrastructure that helps orchestrate Big-data workloads like Spark/Presto/Hive with Alluxio on various data lakes like AWS S3, Hadoop, GCS. You will develop and maintain an internal system for tracking and reporting product defects and quality issues that are used by all engineering. Other responsibilities include evangelizing high-quality software engineering practices towards building software infrastructure, developing tooling for performance and benchmarking.
This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to impact the success of the company and to grow your career at a fast pace.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Experience working in any of the following areas: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, and/or developing large software systems.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web services.
- Exposure to AWS, GCP, Docker, and/or Jenkins.
- Contributed or contributing to Alluxio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.